Church of the Redeemer
36 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
All content © 2012
Inclusive Seasons & Holidays
- Contemporary Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services have been created
so as to honor the Christian tradition and at the same time speak to
the issues confronting the modern world.
- A series of Liberation Holy Days are celebrated. These make clear
that God’s work of liberation continues into the present time.
Examples of these days are Martin Luther King, Jr. Sunday, Recovery
Sunday, Holocaust Remembrance Sunday, Celebrating Women’s Journeys
Sunday, Gay and Lesbian Liberation Sunday, Celebrating Men’s Journeys
Sunday, and Blessing of the Animals Sunday.
- The liturgical year has been altered to include an eight-week Creation
Season that points to the presence of God within all of creation, not
just within human history. [ blog entry on Season of Creation ]
- At all holiday and special services, the loose offering is given to
a designated outreach project.
- During the Creation Season, gifts from nature—water, rock, grasses,
fire, earth, branches, vegetables and fruit—are presented at the
offertory. Gifts of nature remain on the altar.